It's not off topic if it's about beer
 shorlin
The product list for the NLC 2018 Beer Expo is out now. I'm not going (as usual) but it's a good way to see what will be dropping in to NLCs right after.

http://www.nlcevents.com/nlc-events/beer-expo

Some good things I noticed:

LTM Gose
Bunch of new Collective Arts
Couple new Muskokas
Couple 2 Crows
New QV session IPA
5 (five!) New small batch QV beers

Probably more in there but I'm sick of scrolling on my phone
 Bayman4048
I won't be going, either. The Brewfest is much better, in terms of quality of beer and organization. I get that this is just an opportunity for NLC to display its inventory to people who just want to sample a little bit of everything. To each, their own. There is 1 (one) beer on the NLC list that I really want to try. Collective Arts, IPA No. 5, which is a DDH, double-I PA (with it being 8% or higher). I think the non-regular craft beer drinkers, who will try the QV "Mike-n-Tom" beers will be impressed. Happy for the QV people. To be back in the game.
shorlin wrote:
Wed Apr 04, 2018 10:33 pm
The product list for the NLC 2018 Beer Expo is out now. I'm not going (as usual) but it's a good way to see what will be dropping in to NLCs right after.

http://www.nlcevents.com/nlc-events/beer-expo

Some good things I noticed:

LTM Gose
Bunch of new Collective Arts
Couple new Muskokas
Couple 2 Crows
New QV session IPA
5 (five!) New small batch QV beers

Probably more in there but I'm sick of scrolling on my phone
 lstewart89
Yeah, the cost and the product at the NLC beer expo doesn't really add up to me. I know that the leftovers will be at the NLC, so I'd rather pay 4'ish bucks for a can or two than close to 80 bucks to try them. That being said, there are some good beers on that list, but not enough to justify the ticket price.
 beerthief
I will not be there either. I was a bit interested what their 140 beers looked like but am not surprised at the reality
 nbnewf
:D I'm there Sat! Where there is beer and some people, I'll adventure there. Yes, it is pricey but to sample some beer in company of others is fun. I saw Brooklyn there? worth every cent. I would have loved to get to Chinched for Troue Diable but not in the cards.
 nbnewf
Bayman4048 wrote:
Thu Apr 05, 2018 1:50 pm
I won't be going, either. The Brewfest is much better, in terms of quality of beer and organization.
I was at Brewfest and yes, I agree there were a lot of beers to sample and was enjoyable in that regards. NLC doesn't even come close as they have to yield to the majority of beer Coors Light consumers. However, there is never any comparison to the atmosphere of what Tom, Mike and Matt do. I know many would agree with that.
 nbnewf
beerthief wrote:
Wed Apr 18, 2018 2:16 pm
I will not be there either. I was a bit interested what their 140 beers looked like but am not surprised at the reality
Hey Bud! You're my beer hero!!! Ha!
You went to these before I know......They're expensive. But I love to meet those there that love GOOD beer and always tell them to look your way.
 beerthief
As always thank you so much for your support for all these years. We should get together for a cellar session one day. :mrgreen:
News from Quidi Vidi

You are totally on base with this as you are corre[…]

New listings at the NLC.

Where's your house?

Foolish there's an inter-provincial limit at all b[…]

Cellar Sale

Just think: if you give the, to us you might still[…]