It's not off topic if it's about beer
 groulxsome
sheldona wrote:That's cheaper than the LCBO price too ($13.95). I guess we're paying extra for Muskoka to age it :)
Don't even get me started on how stupid this whole vintage version is... I suspect there was just a bunch of unsold bottles last year they couldn't move so they boxed it, "cellared" it, and tried again this year. :roll:
 MattMiddleton
I was a very surprised and happy camper last night. Stopped in to Kelsey Drive to pick up a couple of Old Engine Oils, and came across a bottle of YB's Crikey, and a load of the Muskoka winter beard. Needless to say, the Crikey is now MINE! *LOL* Also, the wife and I split a bottle of the winter beard - very tasty :)
 beerthief
I'm sure the Winter Beard will be all gone before I get home
 shorlin
Not so sure about that Mike. Maybe there is limited stock(?), but I'd say it's a pretty niche item for even a beer lover. For example, they still have a couple of bottles of Oddity out in Mt Pearl, and you can still get the Harvest Ale out in Long Pond. I would imagine that their stock of an Imperial chocolate stout with cranberries might last as well.
 beerthief
Yeah thanks for the encouragement Steve, I won't hold my breath :lol:
 cagiva650
"Wells IPA" now at the NLC. $3.62 for 500ml. Only $2.15 at the LCBO in Ontario. Is this the same beer that used to be in a 2 litre plastic bottle in Ontario a few years ago?

http://www.nlliquor.com/products/14409/Wells%20IPA

Not much love for it on BA.

http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/664/3299
 danhyde
You are on top of the new listings Frank!

To put this IPA in perspective... it has similar ratings to the notorious Waterloo IPA :(
 groulxsome
cagiva650 wrote:"Wells IPA" now at the NLC. $3.62 for 500ml. Only $2.15 at the LCBO in Ontario. Is this the same beer that used to be in a 2 litre plastic bottle in Ontario a few years ago?
Yup, that's the old cheepo IPA that used to be in many other larger formats (I seem to remember a big king can like Colt 45 at some point too). It's actually cheeper at the Beer Store when you buy an 8-pack (around $2 a can).

This is a beer for homeless people. I don't know why it's so expensive in NL and I really don't think it's even worth the "tick." It's even more notorious than Waterloo IPA for being a poor beer and is only slightly more of an IPA than Keiths or India Beer.
New listings at the NLC.

Well this forum seems kind of dead, but I thought […]

New Breweries

Thanks buddy, looking better all the time for us. […]

What's Goin' On around Town?

I’m not coming to town for that, but how man[…]

Makes sense with 3 or 4 breweries over there.