It's not off topic if it's about beer
 ryndam
groulxsome wrote:It's $4.60 at the LCBO... wonder how the NLC got this one cheaper than elsewhere.
NL get's a discount because we're more Metal than Ontario.
 ryndam
Wow. People really tore though the Trooper stock. I couldn't find any in St. John's last night and when I asked some of the people working at the stores they said they'd seen people coming in and taking away 3/4 full CASES of the stuff.
 Pete
I know one Maiden fan in SJ that bought out one store. They're not really a beer fan but a huge Maiden fan. Eddie can sell anything :twisted:
 shorlin
I find it hilarious that people went so crazy for it. I had to go to Mount Pearl to buy one of the last four bottles they had.

And if the NLC is listening, this run is NOT because people wanted this beer - It's because people wanted something novel with a pop culture tie-in and a cool bottle. So keep bringing in novel stuff and it will move. Might I recommend Ommegang's Game of Thrones beers? Or you could try Black Sheep Monty Python Holy Grail Ale (which kind of sucks, but would definitely move)
 ryndam
shorlin wrote:I find it hilarious that people went so crazy for it. I had to go to Mount Pearl to buy one of the last four bottles they had.

And if the NLC is listening, this run is NOT because people wanted this beer - It's because people wanted something novel with a pop culture tie-in and a cool bottle. So keep bringing in novel stuff and it will move. Might I recommend Ommegang's Game of Thrones beers? Or you could try Black Sheep Monty Python Holy Grail Ale (which kind of sucks, but would definitely move)
Lucky :) I couldn't find any left in the city between today and yesterday.
Also the NLC used to carry the Monty Python beer (i still have an empty bottle kicking around somewhere). I'm guessing that metal fans are a bit more intense than the rest. I don't even think Dogfish Head's Bitches Brew would have sold in this kind of time.
 groulxsome
Next up: the AC/DC beer I guess. From what I've read, it's even less exciting than the Trooper (which I've heard is serviceable).

I'd be great if they tried for the Game of Thrones beers. They sell pretty quick in the States and Ontario and the first one was really quite solid (I have the second one in the fridge, so I don't know what it's like). It'd be really great because it might provide an in for Ommegang to start distributing to NL. Now that'd be a good brewery to have a Beer Thief order from. I mean, there's already been an order showcasing their parent company (Duvel Moortgat).
 sheldona
shorlin wrote:And if the NLC is listening, this run is NOT because people wanted this beer - It's because people wanted something novel with a pop culture tie-in and a cool bottle.
Anyone a Flight of the Conchords fan? We're long overdue for a Jemaine and Bret Saison. It practically markets itself.

With New Zealand hops of course :)
New listings at the NLC.

Well this forum seems kind of dead, but I thought […]

New Breweries

Thanks buddy, looking better all the time for us. […]

What's Goin' On around Town?

I’m not coming to town for that, but how man[…]

Makes sense with 3 or 4 breweries over there.