BRINGING GOOD BEER TO GREAT PEOPLE!

Discuss past/present/future NLACBC events
 beerthief
A new beer festival is coming brought to you by the NL Artisanal and Craft Beer Club! Stay tuned.
 lstewart89
Is this event different than Brewfest?
 beerthief
Brewfest is it was is no longer in existence. This is what is replacing it.
 shorlin
The details are up!

https://www.craftbeerattraction.ca/

September 22 and 23 in St. John’s Curling Club, 135 Mayor Ave.

Loads of info on the site, including a list of 98 beers!!

Here are my quick first thoughts:
  • No new Newfoundland beers? (Port Rexton, Western Nfld, etc.) I'm assuming some will be coming
  • 8 Wired Grand Cru 2015 - that's not just something you can find at LCBO somewhere. Nice going!
  • BrewDog Punk at NLC afterwards - God bless you.
  • Bruery!
  • I haven't gotten through the B's yet and it's amazing. There's just too much for set of quick thoughts.
 lstewart89
shorlin wrote:
Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:15 am
  • No new Newfoundland beers? (Port Rexton, Western Nfld, etc.) I'm assuming some will be coming
Looks like Port Rexton has been added to the list with 3 TBD seasonals. I'd be happy to try anything from them since I've only ever had their T-Rex porter.

Pretty happy about Punk IPA being available at NLC; it's one of those staple beers like Sierra Nevada Pale Ale that any self-respecting beer drinker should try at least once.
 lstewart89
Farewell wrote:
Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:09 pm
What time will tickets be on sale Sunday?
No idea. The eventzilla page is pretty questionable; you can't actually select how many tickets you want unless you specifically filter the events by day. I'm not sure if that's a glitch in some way. That along with no actual time for ticket sales opening or being able to click the "buy tickets" buttons on the website makes me hesitant to try and buy tickets right now until official word from the organizers that sales are open.
 beerthief-admin
lstewart89 wrote:
Sun Jul 16, 2017 2:33 pm
Farewell wrote:
Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:09 pm
What time will tickets be on sale Sunday?
No idea. The eventzilla page is pretty questionable; you can't actually select how many tickets you want unless you specifically filter the events by day. I'm not sure if that's a glitch in some way. That along with no actual time for ticket sales opening or being able to click the "buy tickets" buttons on the website makes me hesitant to try and buy tickets right now until official word from the organizers that sales are open.

Correct, EventZilla requires you to "Select a Date" prior to reserving your tickets (admittedly clunky but there are benefits to both ticket purchasers and organisers in using EventZilla over some of the other ticket sale competitors). These dates are subject to change from Tom but here's the tentative schedule of when tickets will be on sale for each group:
  • Volunteers: July 16, 10:00am - July 18, 10:45am <- Email sent by Tom to volunteers on July 15 with promo code and currently on sale
  • Early Bird: July 18, 11:00am - July 21, 9:45am <- Email sent to 2016 SJB ticket purchasers on July 16 with promo code
  • Beer Club: July 21, 10:00am - July 25, 9:45am <- Email forthcoming from Tom to beer club members with promo code over the next few days
  • General: July 25, 10:00am - Event Start <- No promo code required
Hope this helps!
 beerthief
Thank you for putting up that clarifying info :geek:
New listings at the NLC.

I don't think this was previously posted, but Be[…]

Cellar Sale

Just think: if you give the, to us you might still[…]

Forum Theme Change

Back again, we’re going to be changing the f[…]

What's Goin' On around Town?

Have fun, we almost never come to town anymore. If[…]

Subscribe to newsletter to receive updates & invites!