Discuss past/present/future NLACBC events
 beerthief
Today was day one of Mondial, plenty of good beer to be had. I hung out with Frank and Duane a fair bit in the earlier part of the day. You'll be pleased to hear I was out doing research of a variety of things for the club and other NL interests. Plenty of good people here.

I started my day with this bad boy to make sure I got some before they ran out. It's a black IPA done eisenbock style where they freeze it and pull out the ice crystals resulting in higher alcohol etc. It was 24% and big with flavours of tobacco, leather and alcohol. It took me awhile to sip it down.

Beerthief was networking and made his way into the media/VIP area to rub elbows with more important people

Stephan, the owner of Dieu du Ciel who gave the go ahead to work with us on the first club offering. A big thank you for helping kick off the club. He was really pleased to hear how much we've grown. Cheers

Who wants to start growing hops? There is a rapidly growing hop co-op in Quebec of mostly small sub or one acre plots. Anyone?

Rafael and his girl (sorry I forget your name already) Owner of Cerveja Coruja (owl beer), they live in Sao Paolo. This beer is finished with local peppers and gives a lovely spicy heat on the finish. Who wants a Brazilian beer offering?

The only cask was an IPA from Hopfenstark, the second glass was mine

One of our members was asking about getting ahold of this? Yeah I dig the can too but it really is not a very good beer at all!

I wonder what tomorrow will bring?
 beerthief
we already know about the Iron Maiden one and are looking into it a bit just for fun. I was a little sorry the AC/DC wasn't better
 cagiva650
Another great year at Mondial. Once again Dieu du Ciel offered some great beer. Their 'Morality' IPA was one of the best of the festival. Hopfenstark's Berliner Weiss 'Alexanderplatz Epilogue' was a treat. A delicious beer without being really high in alcohol. There were lots of very high alcohol beer, so this one stands out. The Hopfenstark 'Post Colonial IPA' on cask was fantastic. Much more flavourful than the same beer from co2 draft. No cask for Benelux this year. Their 'Sabotage' IPA was great but I bet it would have been out of this World on cask. Loads of good beer again this year. I can't list them all. :D
 beerthief
As Frank said the Alaxander Platz Berlinerweiss was my personal show favourite. As for casks Benelux was the cask night on Saturday and I think they had at least 2 dozen! Good times....
New listings at the NLC.

Hey Chris, nice to see you still here. I hear you […]

New Breweries

Thanks buddy, looking better all the time for us. […]

What's Goin' On around Town?

I’m not coming to town for that, but how man[…]

Makes sense with 3 or 4 breweries over there.