Discuss past/present/future NLACBC events
 Allan Johnson
This discussion started in another thread, but as Mike suggested, it deserves it's own!

There are talks of trying to put together an Off Flavour Tasting for approximately 20 people in the New Year...

More information on what an Off Flavour Tasting consists of can be found here: http://www.siebelinstitute.com/products ... egory_id=6

I'd be interested in two seats!
 Grogsnob
I would be interested in attending as well.
 Allan Johnson
That banana flavour/ester in the wrong beer does not belong, so yeah it'd be an off flavour... Certainly not for the Hefeweizen itself, but other styles...
 groulxsome
Allan Johnson wrote:That banana flavour/ester in the wrong beer does not belong, so yeah it'd be an off flavour... Certainly not for the Hefeweizen itself, but other styles...
Still is pretty brutal to call the vial after that style! Couldn't they just have a banana ester one and a clove ester one? Haha

Still, it's important to note that most of those off flavors have a place in many beers. Almond in oak aged beers, vanilla in lots of things, Lactic in berliner weisse... I wonder what they mean by infection?

Wish I could be in on it! Maybe there is a chance I'd be home... at some point...
 MattMiddleton
Sounds like an interesting idea! I'd be up for something like this.
 beerthief
Thanks Allan, we're off to a good start. My guess is that we won't have any problem filling 20 seats for a seminar. I'm happy to lead it and I'll follow Mirella's format as I felt it worked well. I may set it up to prepay seats for this one too. I'll wait until we get everything firmed up before ordering the spike kit as they are perishable and we'll want it as fresh as possible. Anyone have dates in mind they want to work towards?
New listings at the NLC.

Hey Chris, nice to see you still here. I hear you […]

New Breweries

Thanks buddy, looking better all the time for us. […]

What's Goin' On around Town?

I’m not coming to town for that, but how man[…]

Makes sense with 3 or 4 breweries over there.