Discuss past/present/future NLACBC events
 raymondfeltham
There's now (as of April 1) 12 off-flavors included in the kit.

Each sample flavor makes one liter, which provides enough for at least 20 samples. The characteristics in each kit are:

Acetaldehyde (green apple, cut grass)
Butyric Acid (putrid, baby vomit)
Diacetyl (butter, butterscotch)
DMS (cooked corn or vegetables)
Earthy (geosmin, soil-like)
Ethyl Acetate (solvent-like, nail polish remover)
Ethyl Hexanoate (aniseed, apple or licorice)
Geraniol (floral, geranium flowers)
Indole (farm, barnyard)
Isovaleric Acid (cheesy, old hops, sweat socks)
Papery (oxidized, cardboard)
Spicy (cloves, allspice)
 beerthief
This would be quite the session, I think better split into 2 sessions. Shelf life of the kits?
 beerthief
This would be quite the session, I think better split into 2 sessions. Shelf life of the kits?
 raymondfeltham
beerthief wrote:This would be quite the session, I think better split into 2 sessions. Shelf life of the kits?
I am not seeing anything regarding shelf life on BJCP site nor Siebel's website. BJCP recommends allowing two months lead time from placing the order to scheduling a session as they collect the orders and place bulk orders under the subsidized program and it sounds like they do this once every month/two months.
 beerthief
That's ok, gives us time to plan
 raymondfeltham
We are nailing down the time of day but we have Quidi Vidi Brewery booked on Sunday for this seminar. After receiving the kits, it's been determined to cap it at 10 people so that each person can have an acceptable sample to distinguish the off flavors sufficiently. The cost per seat is $30 and payment can be made either by email transfer to [email protected] or phoning your credit card number in to the shop 368-9463 or paying in person at Brew Craft located at 655 Topsail Road. We will post the time shortly as soon as we get confirmation.
 beerthief
We are waiting for the location to confirm the time, hopefully we will hear back soon. Keep your eyes on this thread if you want to go as there are not many seats left for this session and as soon as you see it confirmed you'd better send your $$ or you will be out of luck.
 beerthief
We are confirmed for 18:00 on Sunday, November 15 at Quidi Vidi Brewery for the Off Flavour Seminar. We are only setting up for 10 seats which reflects the size of the spike kit so don't hesitate to send in your e-transfer right now!
 raymondfeltham
That was quick! All seats have been accounted for. There were a limited number of seats and it went quicker than I expected. We hope to have another in the new year.
 danhyde
Great to see this happen. I couldn't make this one but will definitely try for the one in the new year.
New listings at the NLC.

Hey Chris, nice to see you still here. I hear you […]

New Breweries

Thanks buddy, looking better all the time for us. […]

What's Goin' On around Town?

I’m not coming to town for that, but how man[…]

Makes sense with 3 or 4 breweries over there.