Discuss past/present/future NLACBC events
 vgrimes
There’s an open (read: general public are welcome and it's free!) session at the Canadian Archaeology Association meeting titled ‘The Archaeology of Beer’ scheduled from 1pm - 2pm on Saturday, 2nd May in Salon B Ballroom of the Sheraton hotel. Here’s the schedule of speakers:

1:00 Uncorking the past: the quest for wine, beer, and extreme fermented beverages. Patrick McGovern (University of Pennsylvania)

1:20 Beer: The font of human technology. Liam McKenna (Yellowbelly Brewery and Public House)

1:40 ‘Made right here’: archaeology and historical data from the 17th-century tippling house to the 1930s beer shop in Newfoundland. Stephen Mills (Independent Consultant)

2:00 Discussion and questions

This should be great preparation for the Saturday night event at the Bella Vista. Hope to see everyone there.

Vaughan
 beerthief
I'm really looking forward to this weekend, it should be great! I'm picking up Patrick at the airport this evening. His book "Uncorking the Past" is very interesting too-I'm a little better than half done so I doubt I'll finish before he gets here :lol:
 chalmers
OK, a few of us have been chatting, and we're going to aim for a noon get together at the Duke of Duckworth. A quick pint or snack, and then off to the Sheraton for the talk. And then maybe back out for another pint before the evening event?

Chris
 ryndam
chalmers wrote:OK, a few of us have been chatting, and we're going to aim for a noon get together at the Duke of Duckworth. A quick pint or snack, and then off to the Sheraton for the talk. And then maybe back out for another pint before the evening event?

Chris
I'll try to make it over for noon at the duke if I'm able!
 beerthief
Well all I have to say is that was a fun weekend :mrgreen:
 les.is.more
Thanks so much for putting this together! I know Tom and Mike and everyone else involved worked extremely hard to pull this one off and it was a really amazing event for everyone there. I hope that more things like this can happen in the future!

Excellent guest speakers, phenomenal beer and an incredible meal!
New listings at the NLC.

Hey Chris, nice to see you still here. I hear you […]

New Breweries

Thanks buddy, looking better all the time for us. […]

What's Goin' On around Town?

I’m not coming to town for that, but how man[…]

Makes sense with 3 or 4 breweries over there.