Discuss past/present/future NLACBC events
 danhyde
June 17th and 18th (3 shows)
15 breweries
8 speakers
50 beer
No Molson, Labatts or AB!

http://www.stjohnsbrewfest.ca/

The explosion of interest in, and taste for, craft beer has recently arrived in Newfoundland and Labrador. Witness the increased selection available at the NLC and look for an additional 110 new brews to land on their shelves in 2016. Since inception three years ago, the Newfoundland Labrador Artisanal and Craft Beer Club (NLACBC) has brought over 100 different beer and three sets of BeerAdvent® Calendars to over 3,800 club members in the Province. However, there are so many other beers out there to be tasted. And there are so many people in the Province not yet exposed to the dynamic and fascinating aroma and flavour of Craft Beer. This is why the NLACBC partnered with NL Promotions to bring to the Province an array of over 40 different craft beer to be explored, tasted, and enjoyed. This is also why The Beverage Baron is bringing the great products from Muskoka Brewery, MicroBrasserie Charlevoix, Garrison Brewing, and Pump House Brewery for tasting and why decision makers at the NLC and purchasers for beer service in the Newfoundland Labrador hospitality industry are invited to attend the event and provide their feedback on the various beers. In addition, in response to many member requests to have the opportunity to taste before purchasing, the BrewFest allows NLACBC members to let Tom Beckett know which beers should be ordered in the near future.

The event is not a drink-all-you-can-fest. Each 50 ml sample will be priced based upon the retail price at the NLC. Prices therefore are reasonable. These are beer meant to be examined thoughtfully, to be discussed with friends and better halfs, to be included in your Untappd account, and to be remembered in future when they show up on NLC shelves or on NLACBC beer offerings.
 Dill
Very excited to finally see how the event will be organized and, of course, the beer list.
The token system is a good idea and will likely cut down on some of the people who only go to the NLC events to get messed up.

I'm most looking forward to trying the Oude Geuze from Brouwerij Oud Beersel, Kwak from Brouwerij Bosteels, and Biere De Garde from Pumphouse (never thought I'd be looking forward to something from these guys).

My only dissapointment with how this event looks so far is that there is only one saison, but I'll get over that I'm sure.
 UXO
Exciting stuff - looking forward to it! One thing that strikes me looking at the beer list: QV's lineup is looking rather old and tired, ain't it? (And Storm's.) And, I guess, YB's - but at least I know that YB shakes things up with one-offs on a fairly regular basis. It would've been be nice to see our local producers doing something new for the show.
 UXO
Well, I've got my preliminary tasting list put together. Is 19 too many, d'ya think? :D

BRASSERIE DUPONT
Monk’s Stout

GARRISON BREWING
Hoppy Buoy IPA
Klingon Warnog Roggen Dunkel
NiT WiT
Ol’ Fog Burner

GRAND RIVER BREWING
Tailgate Lager
Dogstalker April Bock

HUISBROUWERIJ DE HALVE MAAN
Straffe Hendrik Tripel
Straffe Hendrik Quadrupel

LAKE OF BAYS BREWING
Wild North Series Summer Sunset Session Ale

MICROBRASSERIE CHARLEVOIX
Flacatoune
Dominus Vobiscum Double
Charlevoix Double IPA

MUSKOKA BREWERY
Lemongrass Cucumber American Pale Ale
20th Anniversary Oak Aged Cream Ale

PUMP HOUSE BREWERY
Pump House IPA
Bière De Garde

SPINDRIFT BREWING
Riptide India Pale Lager
Knotty Buoy
 C-Pu
The email says that 50% of the tickets will be available a day early for beer club members. I had intended to buy two tickets, one for me and one for my significant other, will I be able to do so? Or is it only 1 ticket available per member?

Thanks in advance to anyone who has the answer for this.
 danhyde
C-Pu wrote:The email says that 50% of the tickets will be available a day early for beer club members. I had intended to buy two tickets, one for me and one for my significant other, will I be able to do so? Or is it only 1 ticket available per member?

Thanks in advance to anyone who has the answer for this.
Two tickets will be fine, I'm waiting to hear about a maximum number.
 shorlin
Who's going when? Due to family commitments I can only go on Saturday afternoon and it can't be a big piss-up for me. Anyone else going to be around then for a wonderful afternoon of pretentious beer tasting and picking up after ourselves?
New listings at the NLC.

The beer club's version is aging well. :mrgreen:

What's Goin' On around Town?

I’m not coming to town for that, but how man[…]

Makes sense with 3 or 4 breweries over there.

Site Crash - December 1 Posts

Welcome back Brian :mrgreen: