Discuss past/present/future NLACBC events
 Brian M
I signed in right at 9:00 am and I could only manage to get a Saturday afternoon VIP ticket. The others VIPs were sold out. I guess it will be a popular event. Now what side shows will I attend? Decisions, decisions.
 danhyde
UXO wrote:So, I just noticed this on the site: "Full beer, tastings (samplers) and food will require different number of tokens." Just out of curiosity, is the intention that 1 token = 1 taster overall, or will multiple tokens be required even for samplers?
Got an answer for ya:

Most of the 50 ml tasting samples will be 1 token - we have yet to pay the NLC for much of the beer so cannot commit to a price on any beer just yet but will be posting to the web site when we have the amounts - some samples will be two tokens and a very few will be more.
 danhyde
An answer for both Brian and UXO:

There were 35 VIP tickets available at 9:00 which have indeed sold out very quickly despite a limit of 4 per person - another 35 will go on sale at 10:00 am Monday morning. There are still regular show tickets [3 hours instead of 4 and no Tutored Tasting with Mike Buhler] and Tutored Tasting ticker remaining
 tpearce
I thought it was 10 AM too today but that was for the general public tomorrow. Tom sent out the following in his email last week:

"These Early Bird tickets will be available to club members from 9:00 am Sunday March 20 to 9:00 am Monday March 21. At 10:00 am Monday March 21 the remaining tickets will be on sale to the general public and any club members who did not purchase an Early Bird ticket.

There is a limit of four Show tickets per person."

That being said I got 2 general tickets for 7 PM Friday, June 17th as I couldn't go online until 10:30 AM this morning due to other commitments. But I am happy to get these. For those who get there 6 PM save a sample for me. :D

Cheers....
 UXO
danhyde wrote:another 35 will go on sale at 10:00 am Monday morning.
I went on the site at 9:59 and started refreshing. No tickets at 10:00. No tickets at 10:01. No tickets at 10:02. No tickets... well, you get the idea. At 10:09 I got pissed off and started opening other browsers, fiddling with my network connections, and so on, trying to figure out why nothing was happening. Were there cookies on my system? Did it recognize me from previous visits?

At 10:12 I noticed the tickets were live. I selected the Friday night VIP, picked 3 from the drop down, and clicked buy. Nope, no tickets for you! Sold out. Back to main. All VIPs for all shows sold out.

I'm really, really trying to keep my cool about this...

:cry:
 beerthief
Yup, it's lining up to be fun despite some event difficulties presented by the NLC at the beginning. Finally we're getting a real event designed for beer people. See you all there.
 Cashout
UXO wrote: At 10:12 I noticed the tickets were live. I selected the Friday night VIP, picked 3 from the drop down, and clicked buy. Nope, no tickets for you! Sold out. Back to main. All VIPs for all shows sold out.

I'm really, really trying to keep my cool about this...

:cry:
Well before you complain about only getting a "Regular" ticket, just think about the many of us who blinked and missed out on all tickets all together for all shows :P
New listings at the NLC.

The beer club's version is aging well. :mrgreen:

What's Goin' On around Town?

I’m not coming to town for that, but how man[…]

Makes sense with 3 or 4 breweries over there.

Site Crash - December 1 Posts

Welcome back Brian :mrgreen: