Discuss past/present/future NLACBC events
 nbnewf
We will see how this event works out and Tom and other organizers will have to look at a bigger venue for next year, thus more tix. I'm sure it will be great. With all the beer club members, it's no doubt of its popularity. It could be filled up with beer club members only.
 danhyde
BTW, looks like excess beer will not be sold in NLC stores after the weekend :(

Also, a long shot here, but looking to buy 2-4 tickets for Saturday night. Please let me know!
 beerthief
Excess beer has already been spoken for as well as partial kegs, as for the next one it will be a little work figuring out a more efficient venue that will work for the NLC. One problem is that they call for rain cover at any outdoor venues. Maybe that is one area I can start beating them on in my new reality? :mrgreen:
 shorlin
Couple of new beers recently added to the lineup:

Big Spruce are bringing kegs of Cereal Killler Oatmeal Stout and Tim's Dirty American IPA. Both over 3.9 on Untappd, which is pretty darn good. They say Tim's Dirty American is an occasional one-off brew, so we are in luck.

YellowBelly is also bringing a seasonal. Would love to see a Beerfest only brew.
 UXO
I note there have been some slight changes to the lineup in addition to the introduction of the Big Spruce beers, so I went through my checklist again and brought it up to date. By my count, there are now 77 beers from 27 breweries, of which I've tried 42. I doubt I'm going to be able to make it through 35 different samples in one night, but I'm gonna give it a try! :D
 shorlin
Getting close to Brewfest now! Just for fun, go to the Brewfest beer page http://www.stjohnsbrewfest.ca/beer/ and answer this question:

Let's say you have to pick just 10 beers to sample. Everybody gets the Cool as a Cuke from Muskoka as a free one, but if you have to pick just 10 more, what would you pick? You only get 10. Here are mine. I'm going with things that I haven't tried, with an focus on things that are high quality and/or I'm unlikely to try otherwise.

Big Spruce Brewing Cereal Killer Oatmeal Stout
Big Spruce Brewing Tim’s Dirty American IPA
Brasserie Dupont Avec Les Bons Voeux
Brouwerij Bosteels Kwak
Brouwerij Oud Beersel Bersalis Tripel
Brouwerij Oud Beersel Oude Geuze
Huisbrouwerij De Halve Maan Straffe Hendrik Quadrupel
Huisbrouwerij De Halve Maan Straffe Hendrik Tripel
Muskoka Brewery 20th Anniversary Oak Aged Cream Ale
YellowBelly Brewery YellowBelly Seasonal (If it's a Brewfest only beer, or if it's something really interesting)

What would you pick?
New listings at the NLC.

Hey Chris, nice to see you still here. I hear you […]

New Breweries

Thanks buddy, looking better all the time for us. […]

What's Goin' On around Town?

I’m not coming to town for that, but how man[…]

Makes sense with 3 or 4 breweries over there.