Discuss past/present/future NLACBC events
 danhyde
For some reason I thought this wouldn't happen due to Brew Fest. Anyway, curious to see what I can buy the day after at NLC stores, but I won't be attending.

shorlin
Just had a look at the beer list.

http://nlcevents.com/images/docs/BE16-Booklet-List.pdf

For me that's just a "what's coming to NLC list" since I'm not going to the Beer Expo either. Really only a few interesting things there:

Mons Abbey Blonde
Lindemans Lambic Framboise
Muskoka Kirbys Kolsch
Old Engine Oil Porter
Collective Arts Ransack The Universe Hemisphere IPA

And I'll likely pick up the following (even though I don't expect them to be super)
St. Ambroise IPA
Goose Island Endless IPA
and maybe the Spindrifts so I don't need to waste tickets on them at Brewfest.

Here's my favourite comparison of the day:
Brewfest - 68 beers, 33 of which I have never tried, about 30 of which I would love to.
Beer Expo - 125 beers and ciders, 24 of which I have never tried, only about 10 of which I actually want to.
 Dill
I'm not going to spend my own money to head to this, that's for sure. But I won't turn down a free ticket if it's given to me as it has been in previous years.

To someone who doesn't pay much attention to the beer offerings in the NLC it may seem like there is a lot of new product being showcased here. But the truth of the matter is, at least 9 (by my count) of the beers labelled as "NEW" are currently offered, or have been previously offered here. Seems a bit misleading.

shorlin wrote: For me that's just a "what's coming to NLC list" since I'm not going to the Beer Expo either. Really only a few interesting things there:

Mons Abbey Blonde
Lindemans Lambic Framboise
Muskoka Kirbys Kolsch
Old Engine Oil Porter
Collective Arts Ransack The Universe Hemisphere IPA
I've had the Mons Abbey Witte and I loved it so I'm excited to see what the blonde is like.
Old engine oil porter... well, lets say the name was pretty apt. I was not a fan of that one the last time it was at the NLC.
 beerthief
I like the Old Engine Oil but it's been here a couple of times. It looks like there are a couple of ones a bit interesting but certainly not worth the admission fee to me. Fortunately I don't have to make a decision as I will be off the island earning $$. :mrgreen:
 beerthief
Ok, I just looked at the list and there are a whopping 3 beers I have any interest in. One of those only to buy as many leftovers as I can send my girl to pick up for me. :mrgreen:
New listings at the NLC.

Hey Chris, nice to see you still here. I hear you […]

New Breweries

Thanks buddy, looking better all the time for us. […]

What's Goin' On around Town?

I’m not coming to town for that, but how man[…]

Makes sense with 3 or 4 breweries over there.